This article will show you how to manage your games on the Nintendo Wii. This includes Virtual Console games, saved games, and WiiWare channels.
- From the console main menu, select the "Wii" option located at the bottom-left corner of the screen. This will take you to the "Data Management" section. Click this option to access it.
- Once inside the Data Management screen, you have the option to manage your Wii and Game Cube saved games, as well as existing channels. Click on the "Save Data" option to the left.
- This screen allows you to either copy saved backups of any Wii or Game Cube game, or simply erase them. Click on the desired Game Save file, and choose your options accordingly. If copying anything for backup purposes, you will need an SD card to save your file to.
- When managing Game Cube Save Files, you have the option to move, copy, or erase them. Follow the step above if copying or erasing. If you desire to move a file, you will need a secondary Game Cube memory card to transfer it to.
- The remaining option you have within your Data Management screen is the "Channels" feature, which also let's you copy or erase any Virtual Console games, or any general channel you may have loaded onto your console. If copying any of these, you cannot restore them on a different Wii system; the console will only allow you to use this data on the original place you obtained it from.
Beware of the amount of memory (free slots) available for saving files. If more slots are needed, purchase a memory stick, or back up your existing data. You could lose all of it.
If copying any file(s), you cannot restore them on a different Wii system; the console will only allow you to use this data on the original place you obtained it from.
Things Might Need
Backup Software, check Easy Bacup Wizard official website